Mrs. Mary Macedo: MMS Technology Teacher
1. Where did you grow up and attend school?
I am a small-town girl from Ware, Massachusetts. I attended kindergarten through high school in the Ware Public Schools and graduated with 125 classmates.
2. Where did you attend college?
I started at Holyoke Community College and transferred to the University of Massachusetts, Amherst to pursue Elementary Education.
3. Why did you want to become a teacher?
I always loved being around kids, as a babysitter, softball coach, and camp counselor. I made the decision to pursue teaching when I was a soccer coach.
4. Was there a particular person in your life that impacted your career choice or was your role model?
A parent on my soccer team encouraged me to go to college for teaching. She insisted, “You are really good with the kids, you should become a teacher.”
5. Why do you like teaching or working with kids?
I love the energy they bring and the constant change. I enjoy the opportunity to connect and inspire them.
6. What are some things you enjoy when not in school?
I enjoy walking my two miniature poodles, Willow and Gryphon on the beach. I love spending time with friends and family.
7. What are other hobbies or interests?
I have lived in Maine for 22 years and I love exploring new places. I enjoy the scenic beauty of Maine, from the historical homes, farmland, the lakes, ocean, and nature preserves.
8. Family life: Kids, significant other, kids, pets.
I married my college sweetheart, Frank 26 years ago. We have three children, 21-year-old twin daughters, Angelina and Sydney, and a 19-year-old son, Toby.