- Where did you grow up and attend school?
I grew up all over the eastern part of Massachusetts. Born on Cape Cod, raised in Plainville and Newton, MA.
- Where did you attend college?
MIT- majored in Linguistics and Philosophy. Masters from Salem State University- majored in English.
- Why did you want to become a teacher?
I had started tutoring local students while in college and absolutely loved seeing the sense of accomplishment on a kid’s face when they understood something I helped them with! I had originally planned to be a lawyer, but decided halfway through college to change my plans!
- Was there a particular person in your life that impacted your career choice or was your role model?
My Great Uncle Al was a professor at Boston College. He was the kindest, smartest, and most interesting person I have ever known!
- Why do you like teaching or working with kids?
I cannot imagine doing anything else! I honestly love my job and I love the students I teach!
- What are some things you enjoy when not in school?
Spending time with my kids! We love exploring the area!
- What are other hobbies or interests?
Hiking, reading, trying new recipes
- Family life: Kids, significant other, kids, pets?